Multicultural adaptations to math instruction have helped to bridge gaps which may exist between students' cultural backgrounds and the academic content. Math curriculum:
- Incorporates the math contributions of people from multiple cultural backgrounds, such as Arabic and Mayan contributions to numbers.
- Uses experiential activities.
- Emphasize the real-world applications and benefits of the lesson content.
- Creates an enthusiastic environment where students have positive experiences with math and science.
- Understands an individual bias about who is or is not able to comprehend math and science, and provide opportunities to all learners.